These model laws provide suggested language that can serve as a template for drafting legislation to improve the lives of animals and people caring for animals.
The authors of these model laws, law students at Chicago-area law schools, have in many cases provided background material and references to aid in the formulation of legislation that could be enacted in individual states.
Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. Contact MKramer@animallaw.com with comments.
- Ban on Gestation Crates for Sows
- Ban on Veal Crates
- Prohibiting the Non-Therapeutic Use of Medically-Important Antimicrobial Drugs to Livestock
- Safe Egg and Laying Egg Protection Act
Animals in Research
- Banning the Sale of Cats, Dogs and Rabbits in Pet Stores
- Emotional Support Dogs for Witnesses in Court
- Humane Canine Response Training Act
- Humane Euthanasia
- Pet Shops/Pet Dealers
- Pet Trust
- Pound Seizure
- Preventing Injury and Death to Pets in Parked Vehicles
- Protective Order for Domestic Violence
- Regulating Companion Animal Surgical Mutilation
Cruelty to Animals
- Ban on Shark Fin Trade
- Banning the Purchase and Sale of Ivory and Rhino Horns
- Canned Hunts
- Internet Hunting